Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Friendship

I'm sorry but this post won't be the most positive post... That being said here we go ...
Life changes when you have a baby I get that I really do. Everyone has to go through changes that's part of life. But what I can't understand is why so many people can't deal with you going through that change.

When I found out I was pregnant I couldn't wait to tell the world which we pretty much did right away. I expected to receive joyues responses and congrats. Instead I heard a lot of why? Is this a good thing? Reactions aside the biGgest suprize to me was how many of my friends vanished when I broke the news

I used to be the driver the party girl but when I was pregnant I was tired and driving near the end was uncomfortable

I got used to not really hearing from to many people and well being the one to phone anyone to do something but I thought when I had kolton and was in the hospital my friends would be excited to meet him. I had visitors in the hospital 3 of my fiends and the rest were family I didn't mind.

We are now at 7 months of koltons life and I have never felt so alone And please family whodo read this don't take it the wrong way. I guess what I am trying to say is I miss having a best friend. Or maybe I need to rethink and let Christopher be that best friend. I love him I tell him everthing. He was there to see me all three times I was in the hospital after kolton was born.

So what triggered this is I hot an email from a friend who I thought has been my friend for 12 years telling me she hasn't wanted anything to do with me for the last 8 months I'm hurt and sad and just needed to vent

1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine how rough this must be. I know that life changes when you have children, and you have different priorities, but true friends would understand that and be there for you anyway.
    I had almost the opposite problem with a friend. When she had a child, I tried really hard to be there for her and try to spend time with her (and her daughter and her husband), but she's the one who pushed me away. She complained about feeling alone, but didn't even realize that she was doing it to herself.
    You just need to find some more Mommy friends, or move out here :)

    ReplyDelete